Why did Superfetch just freakout on me???
I noticed that my system had started slowing down a few days ago. Then it got to where the cpu was tied up so much that it took a couple of minutes to switch apps. So I checked to see who was doing it, but nothing pushing the cpu that hard from my account in task manager. So I checked the system account and there it was – svchost. So I checked the services running from that iteration of svchost and out of the 3 (Superfetch, ReadyBoost, and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder) it was Superfetch that was tying up the cpu. So a simple stop service fixed that, except I would like to use Superfetch. I don’t understand why it just started doing this. I’m not aware of any updates to the service that occured lately. I have not changed my application use habits drastically so that it would have to completely rebuild it’s database. I’ve seen others posting to boards with this same problem, but no answers. So for now I am running without the super-, just with the pre-, ha.